hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Colak, Emre" <emre.co...@bina.roche.com>
Subject Cells do not get cleared after TTL is set in HBase
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2015 03:13:46 GMT
Hi,

I have an HBase table with the following description:

{NAME => 'cf', DATA_BLOCK_ENCODING => 'NONE', BLOOMFILTER => 'ROW',
REPLICATION_SCOPE => '0', VERSIONS => '1', COMPRESSION => 'NONE',
MIN_VERSIONS => '0' , TTL => 'FOREVER', KEEP_DELETED_CELLS => 'FALSE',
BLOCKSIZE => '65536', IN_MEMORY => 'false', BLOCKCACHE => 'true'}

I put some values in it and then set TTL (30s) on those values with another
put operation. First thing I notice is that the timestamps of the cells get
updated after the 2nd put. And 30 seconds later, when I do a scan on the
table, I still see those cells in the table, however this time with their
timestamps updated to the original timestamps.

I understand that these cells won't necessarily be deleted until a
compaction, but why do they still come up in my scan even though the TTL
that I set on them has expired?

Best,

Emre