hbase-user mailing list archives

From ramkrishna vasudevan <ramkrishna.s.vasude...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Visibility Expressions and Deletes
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 16:35:21 GMT
Hi

>>  Is there a way to delete all cells of a 'row' irrespective of what
visibility expression is associated with a particular cell?

I do think that this is an expected behaviour.  A user cannot be allowed to
delete all the rows that does not match with the visibilty that he is
associated with right?
May be one thing - do you expect the 'super user' to issue a delete and
want that to delete all the rows with visibility expressions also.

Regarding your second question,  for the delete to work we need to have the
exact match because a row with DEVELOPER | MANAGER and a row with DEVELOPER
are considered.  But for the scan case if the scan specifies DEVELOPER he
should be able to see both the entries.

Let me check the code to be more specific as am away from the system now.

REgards
Ram