hbase-user mailing list archives

From James Hartshorn <jhartsh...@connexity.com>
Subject Bucket cache causes region server status page to use 1GB ram
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2015 19:00:12 GMT
Since we started using the HBase bucket cache I've noticed the region server status pages not
some investigation I realized the page itself is huge:

wc -l HBase-Region-Server-hb22.html
2010116 HBase-Region-Server-hb22.html

ls -lah HBase-Region-Server-hb22.html
32M Oct  6 19:23 HBase-Region-Server-hb22.html

Firefox "about:memory":
?  ???1,330.18 MB (48.22%) -- top(http://hb9.prod1.connexity.net:60030/rs-status#bc_l2, id=2010)
?  ?  ???1,329.61 MB (48.20%) -- active/window(http://hb9.prod1.connexity.net:60030/rs-status#bc_l2)

It looks like it's loading a thing for each bucket, though it's not displayed unless you click
L2, which usually just hangs the browser, on success you get a very very long list of all
the buckets, their size and occupancy, which seems of limited use to me.

Is there a way to stop the regionserver from sending this info for each page load?

(If having a few hundred thousand buckets is completely wrong don't worry, I'll be asking
about that too soon).