hbase-user mailing list archives

From Randy Fox <r...@connexity.com>
Subject Minor compacts seem blocked on major compacts
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2015 22:07:31 GMT
We just did a big leap forward from 0.94 to 1.0. We do our own major compacts manually every
night. One of the first things we noticed is that when a major compact runs, no minors run.
 The compaction queue grows and when the major compact finishes the minors then run.   I have
not found any new knobs we should be setting.  Any ideas?
Our config is:

<property>
  <name>hbase.hregion.majorcompaction</name>
  <value>0</value>
  <final>true</final>
</property>
<property>
    <name>hbase.hstore.compactionThreshold</name>
    <value>3</value>
</property>

<property>
    <name>hbase.hstore.compaction.max</name>
    <value>9</value>
</property>
<property>
    <name>hbase.regionserver.thread.compaction.throttle</name>
    <value>2684354560</value>
</property>

Thanks in advance,

Randy