hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sam William <sa...@stumbleupon.com>
Subject Deleting a table when disable 'failed'
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 18:32:31 GMT
  I have been trying to clean up of cluster  clearing out a lot of unused tables.  There is
this one table that had grown too big (4800 regions on a 50 node cluster). The disable command
failed. But is_enabled returns true and is_disabled  returns false. However, when I try to
disable the table again, I get the TableNotEnabled exception.  I have cleared the znode under
/hbase/table and restarted the master.  The table is listed on the master's UI with 0 online
regions.  The znode for that table under /hbase/table94 says 'DISABLED'.  When I try to run
hbck -repair, I see messages that say these regions are not deployed on any region server
and "Trying to assign region". But it looks like it never succeeds in assigning any of the
regions.   I just want to get rid of this table and bring the cluster back to a consistent
state .  Is there way to do this without bringing the cluster down ?