hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sam William <sa...@stumbleupon.com>
Subject Purging an Hbase table after accidentally deleting the store files
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 20:18:04 GMT
Hi,
 I accidentally deleted  the HDFS location '/hbase/mytable' before I dropped the table from
the hbase shell.  This table was a candidate for deleting anyway and I don't care about getting
it back. I just want to purge it out of the system completely.   I can't disable or describe
the table as the file '.tableinfo' is missing.  I don't think hbck is going to help.  Can
I just delete the tables entries from the .META table. Will that solve the issue ?