hbase-user mailing list archives

From Randy Fox <r...@connexity.com>
Subject Slow region moves
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 17:32:33 GMT
Hi,

We just upgraded from 0.94 to 1.0.0 and have noticed that region moves are super slow (order
of minutes) whereas previously they where in the seconds range.  After looking at the code,
I think the time is spent waiting for the blocks to be evicted from block cache.

I wanted to verify that this theory is correct and see if there is anything that can be done
to speed up the moves.

This is particular painful as we are trying to get our configs tuned to the new SW and need
to do rolling restarts which is taking almost 24 hours on our cluster.  We also do our own
manual rebalancing of regions across RS’s and that task is also now painful.

Thanks,

Randy