hbase-user mailing list archives

From "donhoff_h" <165612...@qq.com>
Subject HBase Filter Problem
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2015 08:33:46 GMT
Hi,

I wrote a program which function is to extract some data from a HBase table. According to
business requirements I had to use the PrefixFilter and the SingleColumnValueFilter to filter
the data.  The program ran very fast and returned in 1 sec.

Considering I just need the rowkey of each record in my final result, I tried to improve my
program by using the PrefixFilter + SingleColumnValueFilter + FirstKeyOnlyFitler. To my surprise
the program ran very slow this time. It run about 20min and still not finished. So I had to
kill it.

Does anybody know the reason that cause my program run such slow?  Since I set the PrefixFilter
as the first filter in the FilterList object, I think the program should ran fast.

Many Thanks!