hbase-user mailing list archives

From Anoop John <anoop.hb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Access cell tags from HBase shell
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2015 13:28:14 GMT
We are not returning back the cell labels back to client.  So what I will
recommend you to test is by having a predicate in scan and test you see
only the relevant data back.
But there is way to return cells (all*) with out any vis check and cells in
client will have the vis label tag also in it. This is by issuing the scan
as a super user.  And also set the codec as KeyValueCodecWithTags.
But one thing we wont be storing the vis label with Cells as string..  We
will optimize..  We will store them as ordinals and & and | condition also
we will optimize. So even if you read back the vis label tags back in
client it will be hard to parse it and understand..  Any thing more you
would like to know, pls let me know..  Will be happy to help.

BTW  once you test and if start to use the feature pls let me know..  Will
be great to hear the usage cases and feedback.

-Anoop-