hbase-user mailing list archives

From Yu Li <car...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiwal performance with HBase 1.x
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2015 06:58:11 GMT
JingCheng's test result is similar to what we observed with multiwal
enabled on our online cluster, say ~20% improvements with 4 wal groups.
It's a 800 nodes cluster and each node with 3 ssd and 9 sata disks, and we
set storage policy of wals to ALL_SSD.

Compaction impact could be further reduced by separating compaction IO and
wal sync IO, like setting storage policy of WALs dir to ALL_SSD and data
dir to HOT(default), FYI.

Best Regards,
Yu