hbase-user mailing list archives

From Matteo Bertozzi <theo.berto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about RPC queues
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 16:18:51 GMT
scan is chunked in small pieces, it is not a single long operation.
what fifo vs deadline does is pushing the scan chunk back in the queue
if you have multiple operation with higher priority.

after N runs of scanner.next() you'll be pushed back following a
sqrt(numOfNext * weight)
http://blog.cloudera.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/hbase-multi-f2.png

so, the more next you call the further your scan chunk will be delayed.
but once your scan chunk is in the executor, there is no way (at the moment)
to eject that task, so if you have a single thread and you have an
hi-priority get
that get has to wait the scan chunk to be executed.

unless you have tons of requests to fill the queue
and a super-long scan (or you increase the weight to simulate that)
you'll probably not be able to notice any difference.

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 9:05 AM, ramkrishna vasudevan <