hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Nigam <sumit_o...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Hbck and exceptions
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2015 03:28:30 GMT
Hi,
I have a few questions/ observations with respect to some of the Hbase exceptions.
I have used various hbck options with varied success in case of Hbase master failing to startup
after a shutdown. However, it has been more of trial and error. Is there any recommendation
document as to what options to use when getting such startup errors which are seemingly related
to data corruption (such as say, TableExistsException, TableDoesNotExistException, TableEnabled,
Disabled exceptions etc.)? In some of the forums that I have read, these kind of exceptions
can happen due to a unclean shutdown of Hbase. If that is true, then kill -9 should be avoided
in case of an OOME? Also, using zkcli to clear (rmr) entire /hbase could cause data loss
because we would lose all znodes related to Hbase (including meta)? Or is Hbase able to rebuild
that information without any worry of data loss?
Thanks,Sumit