hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Fulin Sun" <su...@certusnet.com.cn>
Subject 回复: HBase Filter Problem
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2015 08:53:39 GMT
Hi , there

How many rows are there in the hbase table ? You want to achive the default FilterList.Operator.MUST_PASS_ALL
or
you just want to use or conditions for these filters ?

I think the reason is that this kind of filter list just go more scan work and lower performance.

Best,
Sun.

CertusNet

发件人: donhoff_h
发送时间: 2015-09-23 16:33
收件人: user
主题: HBase Filter Problem
Hi,

I wrote a program which function is to extract some data from a HBase table. According to
business requirements I had to use the PrefixFilter and the SingleColumnValueFilter to filter
the data.  The program ran very fast and returned in 1 sec.

Considering I just need the rowkey of each record in my final result, I tried to improve my
program by using the PrefixFilter + SingleColumnValueFilter + FirstKeyOnlyFitler. To my surprise
the program ran very slow this time. It run about 20min and still not finished. So I had to
kill it.

Does anybody know the reason that cause my program run such slow?  Since I set the PrefixFilter
as the first filter in the FilterList object, I think the program should ran fast.

Many Thanks!