hbase-user mailing list archives

From MrE <ele...@msn.com>
Subject Why Hbase Master need also RegionServer on same host?
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2015 19:31:07 GMT
Hello,

I'm deploying Hbase in docker on Kubernetes...
and it would not work if I decouple master from regionserver
without the regionserver running on the same pod, the master would fail to
initialize and regionservers error with a fail to open the hbase:namespace
table

it seems like the regionserver and master write information to the same
physical disk and the master needs to share one with the regionserver.

Is this meant to be? Does anyone know a bit more details about this?
Ideally I'd like to decouple services and have master in one container and
regionserver in another, to track failure separately.

Thanks for your insight.