hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Rose, Joseph" <Joseph.R...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject REST Impersonation?
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 21:55:32 GMT
Folks,

I’d like to get REST gateway impersonation going on my cluster but I’m a
little confused by the docs (section 55.8 of the reference guide for the
version I’m using, 0.98.13.)

As I understand it (please let me know if I’m on the wrong track), this
will let me send user credentials in on the REST call that match, say, the
users in my HBase instance. These users have visibility labels associated
with them and I assume that the labels will function normally with the
credentials on the REST call.

In any case, the 0.98.13 docs say that I should set
‘hadoop.proxyuser.$USER.groups’ to ‘$GROUPS’; same thing for
‘hadoop.proxyuser.$USER.hosts’. What’s the variable substitution for $USER
and $GROUPS? Do I need to create these before I can use impersonation?

Obviously I’m somewhat confused. Thanks for your help.

-j