hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mike Fang <chyfan...@gmail.com>
Subject understanding the executorService
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 14:05:42 GMT
Hi,

I have some difficulties understanding the "ExecutorService parameter" for
HConnectionManager.createConnection and HConnection.getTable.
1 what's this executorService used for? is it used only when we do multiple
puts like:
for(i <- 1 to 100)
table.put(p)
2 what's the purpose for the executorService in the
HConnectionManager.createConnection. Given that we provide the
executorService for HConnection.getTable
if I have such code:

val connection = HConnectionManager.createConnection(config,es1)
val t = connection.getTable(Bytes.toBytes("sth"),es2)

Does it mean es1 will not be used?

Thanks,

Mike