hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: Replicating MySQL table to HBase
Date Sat, 15 Aug 2015 00:16:49 GMT
But why do you want that in HBase? Do you need random read and random write
milliseconds access to those rows? Or you are going to run some analytics
jobs which are going to do full scans anyway? If the later, why not just
dumping that as files and doing the queries with a SQL engine?

If you need HBase for user, then you might have to build a tool to migrate
the data from MySQL to HBase because the MySQL schema will most probably
not fit the HBase tables...