hbase-user mailing list archives

From donmai <dood...@gmail.com>
Subject Using HBase with a shared filesystem (gluster, nfs, s3, etc)
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2015 16:30:10 GMT
Hi,

I'm curious about how exactly region movement works with regard to data
transfer. To my understanding from the docs given an HDFS-backed cluster, a
region movement / transition involves changing things in meta only, all
data movement for locality is handled by HDFS. In the case where rootdir is
a shared file system, there shouldn't be any data movement with a region
reassignment, correct? I'm running into performance issues where region
assignment takes a very long time and I'm trying to figure out why.

Thanks!