hbase-user mailing list archives

From donmai <dood...@gmail.com>
Subject Sporadic incorrect table directory structure when running restore_snapshot
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 16:58:01 GMT
Hi,

Occasionally when I run restore_snapshot on HBase 0.98.10, it appears that
the table directory structure created by the restore_snapshot command is
not correct:

 rootdir/data/default/foo

Is what it should be, but I end up with

rootdir/data/default/foo/foo

The extra foo should not be there, so the master gets stuck in a loop
trying to figure out why there isn't a .tabledesc/.tableinfo.0000000001 in
rootdir/data/default/foo (it's in rootdir/data/default/foo/foo). Moving
everything from rootdir/data/default/foo/foo to rootdir/data/default/foo/
unblocks HBase master and allows it to proceed.

This doesn't always happen, so my question is: why does it happen? The logs
don't seem to be showing anything.

Thanks!