hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dejan Menges <dejan.men...@gmail.com>
Subject Recommended NewSize value for 0.98.+
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 14:53:09 GMT
Hi,

We are using HDP 2.1, already upgrading to 2.2, ready for 2.3, meaning we
have 0.98.0 and 0.98.4 currently on different environments.

I saw in last let's say two months, before we started upgrades, GC pauses
due to NewPar generation, and at some point increased Xmn to 512M (our Xmx
is 28G) as I found somewhere advice to do it for 0.98+ versions of HBase.

However, I'm still seeing same issue, reading
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PerformanceTuning again, and not sure should
I also maybe tune NewSize and MaxNewSize, and if yes, to what to set it is
the best?

Thanks a lot!