hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Rose, Joseph" <Joseph.R...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject "Logging in" with my application?
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2015 20:05:21 GMT

I feel like I’m missing something basic, here. I’m trying to do a
privileged action using the VisibilityClient. That class is leaning on
UserGroupInformation, from Hadoop, and it’s picking up the user who’s
currently logged into the shell, not the Kerberos service principal that
should be used for these sorts of actions. I’ve been banging my head
against this code and can’t find the missing piece in the docs.

I’m trying to pick up the application’s service principal from a keytab,
since I don’t want to have to run kinit before starting the application in
the production environment. Besides, keytabs hold service principals.

Can you point me to the docs that explain how to set this up? Or do you
have any pointers yourself? I’m using version 0.98.12

View raw message