hbase-user mailing list archives

From Steve Howard <stevedhow...@gmail.com>
Subject REST API with joins
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 14:48:46 GMT
Let's assume we have an HBase table and also have a secondary index lookup
table; for example, email_address is the key in emails, where in the member
table the key is member_id.  We would like to retrieve the member
foo@bar.com, but effectively process it like a join in SQL getting the
member_id from a secondary index/lookup table, i.e.,

select some_data_element from members where member_id = (select member_id
from emails where email_address = 'foo@bar.com');

In HBase shell, this would be two gets; one to get the member_id form the
emails table, and one to get the other data in members for the member_id
from the first get.  In phoenix, I could do this with a join.

If we want to use the out of the box REST sever, do we have to write a
custom REST API for this, or is there away in stargate to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Steve