hbase-user mailing list archives

From Alex Bedley <aeoli...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase REST API filter using prefix and suffix
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2015 15:35:48 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to retrieve rows from my table using a prefix and a suffix via
the REST API.

The prefix for my rowkey is a fixed value (and a fixed length). The suffix
is fixed length and can be one of a few possible known values. The part
between the prefix and the suffix is also fixed length but can be any value.

For example say my prefix is always the byte array [1, 2, 3, 4] and my
suffix is either [1,1,1,1] or [2,2,2,2], and the middle part is always 4
bytes, then

[1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 8 ,7 ,6, 1, 1, 1, 1] would satisfy
[1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 3, 5, 8, 2, 2, 2, 2] would satisfy

[1, 2, 3, 9, 3, 1, 0, 9, 2, 2, 2, 2] would not satisfy (bad prefix)
[1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 4, 8, 0, 3, 3, 3, 3] would not satisfy (bad suffix)

I tried using a RowFilter with a RegexStringComparator but I think the
default encoding for the RegexStringComparator is UTF8, which is not fixed
length, so I can't guarantee what my suffix will look like in UTF8 (because
the suffix could be preceded by anything, possibly making the suffix not
start on a character boundary).

Can you change the encoding over REST (to a fixed length encoding)? Or is
there another filter I should be using?

Thank you for your time,

- Alex