hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vineet Mishra <clearmido...@gmail.com>
Subject Hbase Bulk Load - Unknown Host Exception
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 12:16:46 GMT
Hi All,

I am facing a strange issue, I am running a Hbase Bulk Load to load a Hfile
to my hbase table, while running the same I am landing into the same issue
over and over again.

java.io.IOException: BulkLoad encountered an unrecoverable problem
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.LoadIncrementalHFiles.bulkLoadPhase(LoadIncrementalHFiles.java:381)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.LoadIncrementalHFiles.doBulkLoad(LoadIncrementalHFiles.java:310)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.LoadIncrementalHFiles.run(LoadIncrementalHFiles.java:896)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:84)
at org.apache.kylin.job.hadoop.hbase.BulkLoadJob.run(BulkLoadJob.java:83)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:84)
at
org.apache.kylin.job.common.HadoopShellExecutable.doWork(HadoopShellExecutable.java:63)
at
org.apache.kylin.job.execution.AbstractExecutable.execute(AbstractExecutable.java:107)
at
org.apache.kylin.job.execution.DefaultChainedExecutable.doWork(DefaultChainedExecutable.java:50)
at
org.apache.kylin.job.execution.AbstractExecutable.execute(AbstractExecutable.java:107)
at
org.apache.kylin.job.impl.threadpool.DefaultScheduler$JobRunner.run(DefaultScheduler.java:132)
at
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Failed
after attempts=35, exceptions:
Tue Jul 14 23:18:48 PDT 2015,
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller@216b1af0,
java.net.UnknownHostException: unknown host: prod-hadoop-data02
Tue Jul 14 23:18:49 PDT 2015,
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller@216b1af0,
java.net.UnknownHostException: unknown host: prod-hadoop-data02

So there are multiple jobs which are initiating table load process out of
which one of the job is failing intermittently, let me clarify the failing
job is not the same everytime.
So for instance last time my job 1 got failed but today its job 2, but out
of all the exception remains the same.

I am having the respective host entry on the all my hosts hadoop-yarn 10
node cluster(10 data node).

Prominent suggestion are appreciated.

Thanks!