hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: splits and merge
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 14:43:30 GMT
bq. that some times merge just does not work.

Can you identify under what scenario the merge doesn't work (through closer
inspection of the region server log - assuming you have DEBUG logging
turned on) ?

bq. Are there minimum requirements for two regions to be merged?

If the two adjacent regions to be merged are on different servers, HBase
would move one of them to the other region's server.

bq. If those requirements are not met, does the merge process exit silently?

Nothing I am aware of.

Cheers