hbase-user mailing list archives

From AMAL G JOSE <amalgj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding nodes
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 07:28:44 GMT

Adding nodes to a hadoop cluster does not require any downtime. You can
simply install the services on the nodes, add proper configurations and
start the services. It will get added to the cluster. It will b good, if
you run the balancer after you add nodes, so that the data gets distributed
across the cluster.
If you are using Cloudera Manager, this process is very simple.

Amal G Jose

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 10:48 AM, Anupam sinha <ak3716@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am going to extend my existing hbase cluster by adding hbase nodes
> I want to know is any effect on my cluster configuration ?
> Thank you,
> Anu
> email to scm-users+unsubscribe@cloudera.org.

Amal G Jose