hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Split up the book again?
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2015 17:47:52 GMT
I personally like using the single-page version and tended to do so when we
had both by-chapter and whole book.

IIRC, asciidoc can make the per-chapter version. I think there was some
reasoning from Misty on not enabling it by default, but I can't find the
jira/thread at the moment.

What if instead of per-chapter we broke it into a couple of guides by focus
area? Right now it includes stuff for

* operators
* developers building on the APIs
* developers working on the project

These seem like three pretty distinct subject areas and the ref guides for
each would surely be smaller than our current docs.

--
Sean