hbase-user mailing list archives

From rahul gidwani <rahul.gidw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Region assignment after full cluster restart
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2015 22:14:10 GMT
Did your shutdown leave any state in ZK (if you are using zk for
assignment) or did some regionservers leave behind WALs?

You can trace AssignmentManager.joinCluster() and more specifically

AssignmentManager.processDeadServersAndRegionsInTransition().  Can you see
any condition where you got into the failover state?

did you shutdown using ./stop-hbase.sh?

rahul