hbase-user mailing list archives

From Lars Francke <lars.fran...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Split up the book again?
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2015 13:06:01 GMT
While I like the new and better layout of the book it is painful to use -
at least for me - because of its size.

A few problems I'm hitting/seeing:

* It takes Chrome almost 10 seconds to render the page until I can interact
with it, this is not because of data transfer time this happens locally too
* It is not mobile friendly because of its size
* Operations (like search) sometimes take seconds as well in various
browsers (e.g. highlighting of search results which sometimes seems to
block browsers as well)
* Content is just going to grow over time and these problems are going to
get worse

I'd love to have a version that has separate HTML pages per "chapter". I'm
not even sure if Asciidoc can do that easily.

What do folks think of the usability of the new book?