hbase-user mailing list archives

From Neutron sharc <neutronsh...@gmail.com>
Subject protobuf issue when building hbase 0.94.26 with HDFS 2.5.0
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2015 18:21:07 GMT
Hi folks,

I'm building hbase 0.94.26 with HDFS 2.5.0.   I have applied patch
HBASE-11076 (to regenerate proto java source files with protoc 2.5.0), and
my pom.xml points to protobuf.version 2.5.0.   However some unittests still
keep failing and complain about:

 testFailingCreateTable(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.rest.client.TestRemoteAdminRetries):
This is supposed to be overridden by subclasses.

Detailed test results show the issue is related to mismatched protobuf
library.
6   java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: This is supposed to be
overridden by subclasses.
7   at
com.google.protobuf.GeneratedMessage.getUnknownFields(GeneratedMessage.java:180)
 8   at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.rest.protobuf.generated.ScannerMessage$Scanner.getSerializedSize(ScannerMessage.java:274)
 9   at
com.google.protobuf.AbstractMessageLite.toByteArray(AbstractMessageLite.java:62)

I use protobuf.version 2.5.0 in my pom.xml, so I assume the runtime should
pick the right protobuf jar.

Any clues how to solve this issue? Thanks!

-Neutron