hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sleiman Jneidi <jneidi.slei...@gmail.com>
Subject Time series scheme design
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 18:53:47 GMT
Hello everyone, I am working on a scheme design for a time series database.
Something very similar to Twitter where people can follow each other and
see their posts. I've looked at opentsdb but I think my problem is more
complicated because I don't have the leading "metricid" in the row key.
I've made several attempts so far but I am not happy with the performance.

1. Md5(user)+timestamp . The problem with is when I want to query the feed,
I have to do a scan with the highest user ( alphabetical order) and the
lowest and then add column column filter. Getting the next batch is hard.

2. Md5(user)+day and then put the posts of the day in the columns with
timestamp in the qualifier name. Not optimal, getting the next batch is

So... What do you guys think? Any ideas for making this efficient or

Thanks for your time in reading this.