hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] correcting abusive behavior on mailing lists was (Re: [DISCUSS] Multi-Cluster HBase Client)
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 03:08:09 GMT
Right. Hence the moderating or temporary ban.
      From: Andrew Purtell <andrew.purtell@gmail.com>
 To: "dev@hbase.apache.org" <dev@hbase.apache.org>
Cc: Hbase-User <user@hbase.apache.org>
 Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:28 PM
 Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] correcting abusive behavior on mailing lists was (Re: [DISCUSS] Multi-Cluster
HBase Client)
Huh? This is not about being caremad over some technical issue, this is about preserving a
productive space for communication free from toxic people casting abuse while being "funny"
and "smart". Please go back on the original thread and re-read the interaction with Sean.
Are you going to defend that as within the bounds of acceptable behavior? Is this the first
time that has happened?

> On Jun 30, 2015, at 5:58 PM, lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org> wrote:
> Moderating is better than outright banning, I think.While Micheal is sometimes infuriating,
he's also funny and smart.
> Can we have a group of moderators? I'd volunteer, but not if I'm the only one.
> -- Lars
Multi-Cluster HBase Client)