hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mrudula Madiraju <mrudulamadir...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject RegionServerObserver preMerge()/postMerge() methods are not getting invoked..
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2015 05:59:09 GMT
Hi,

I have a custom coprocessor associated with a table. This coprocessor extends from BaseRegionServerObserver.
I can see that it is loaded, and flow goes to the constructor, start() and stop() methods.

When I invoke merge_region on the hbase shell on two regions of the table. I can see the merge
happens and new region gets created via hbase console ui.

However it just does not call preMerge() and postMerge() methods of my coprocessor.

I am using HBase 0.98.8 version. The method signatures are all right.

Is there any known problem - I couldn't find anything in the archives or net or am I missing
anything? Please help.

Regards,
Mrudula