hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.1.1 (RC0) is available
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2015 23:17:52 GMT
Checked signature for both bin and src => Passed.
Checked archive, documentation, .TXT files, etc. => Passed.
Ran it locally, tried create, drop, disable, alter, flush, put, scan =>
Passed
Deployed on 9 nodes with 0.98 /hbase folder with JDK8 and Hadoop 2.7.0=>
Passed. Yes. I'm able to read my tables, had not get a chance to run MR on
that yet.

However...

I'm unable to get any clean test run. Tried on 4 different servers with 2
JDKs, all failed.

With 1.7.0_45:
Tests in error:
  TestClockSkewDetection.testClockSkewDetection:110 » NoSuchMethod
java.util.con...
  TestProcedureManager.setupBeforeClass:53 » IO Shutting down

Tests in error:
  TestClockSkewDetection.testClockSkewDetection:110 » NoSuchMethod
java.util.con...
  TestProcedureManager.setupBeforeClass:53 » IO Shutting down

Tests in error:
  TestClockSkewDetection.testClockSkewDetection:110 » NoSuchMethod
java.util.con...
  TestProcedureManager.setupBeforeClass:53 » IO Shutting down

Tests in error:
  TestClockSkewDetection.testClockSkewDetection:110 » NoSuchMethod
java.util.con...
  TestProcedureManager.setupBeforeClass:53 » IO Shutting down

All failed with the exact same error.

With 1.8.0_45:
Failed tests:

TestFromClientSideWithCoprocessor>TestFromClientSide.testCheckAndDeleteWithCompareOp:5031
expected:<false> but was:<true>
  TestMultiParallel.testActiveThreadsCount:160 expected:<5> but was:<4>

TestReplicationEndpoint.testReplicationEndpointReturnsFalseOnReplicate:145
Waiting timed out after [60,000] msec

Tests in error:

TestSnapshotCloneIndependence.testOfflineSnapshotDeleteIndependent:177->runTestSnapshotDeleteIndependent:424
» RetriesExhausted
  TestTableLockManager.testReapAllTableLocks:283 » LockTimeout Timed out
acquiri...

Failed tests:
  TestFromClientSide.testCheckAndDeleteWithCompareOp:5031 expected:<false>
but was:<true>

[INFO] HBase - Server .................................... FAILURE
[1:58:05.610s]

Also, I tried to run IntegrationTestBigLinkedList and it fails:
015-06-24 19:06:11,644 ERROR [main]
test.IntegrationTestBigLinkedList$Verify: Expected referenced count does
not match with actual referenced count. expected referenced=1000000
,actual=0

And last I ran IntegrationTestLoadAndVerify but I have no idea how to
interpret the result ;)
    org.apache.hadoop.hbase.test.IntegrationTestLoadAndVerify$Counters
        REFERENCES_WRITTEN=19800000
        ROWS_WRITTEN=20000000

    org.apache.hadoop.hbase.test.IntegrationTestLoadAndVerify$Counters
        REFERENCES_CHECKED=1036925998
        ROWS_WRITTEN=0

So. It seems to be working on my cluster, but I have not been able to get
any successful test. Therefore I'm a bit reluctant to say +1 and will only
say +/-0....

For pefs tests, I still need some more work on my clusters... So not for
this release.

JM