hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject 2 bucket caches?
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2015 06:20:26 GMT
Hi,

Is it possible to have 2 bucket cache on a single region server?

Like L2 and L3? I would like to have L2 offheap and block evicted from L2
going into L3 on SSD. So we already have something like that? Or should I
open a JIRA?

hbase.bucketcache.ioengine can get only one value. Might be nice to have a
flume-like approach...

hbase.bucketcache=myoffheap,myssddrive
hbase.bucketcache.myoffheap.ioengine=offheap
hbase.bucketcache.myssddrive.ioengine=file://my_ssd_mnt/there

And keep the order specified in hbase.bucketcache, so myoffheap=L2,
myssddrive=L3, etc.?

Thanks,

JM