hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.1.1 (RC0) is available
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2015 23:25:49 GMT
I'm happy to announce the first release candidate of HBase 1.1.1
(HBase-1.1.1RC0) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.1.1RC0/

Maven artifacts are also available in the staging repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1087/

Artifacts are signed with my code signing subkey 0xAD9039071C3489BD,
available in the Apache keys directory
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ndimiduk.asc

There's also a signed tag for this release at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=hbase.git;a=tag;h=af1934d826cab80f727e9a95c5b564f04da73259

HBase 1.1.1 is the first patch release in the HBase 1.1 line, continuing on
the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the Hadoop and NoSQL
communities. This release includes over 100 bug fixes since the 1.1.0
release, including an assignment manager bug that can lead to data loss in
rare cases. Users of 1.1.0 are strongly encouraged to update to 1.1.1 as
soon as possible.

The full list of issues can be found at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12332169

Please try out this candidate and vote +/-1 by midnight Pacific time on
Sunday, 2015-06-28 as to whether we should release these artifacts as HBase
1.1.1.

Thanks,
Nick