hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stochastic Balancer by tables
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2015 16:19:20 GMT
On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 7:45 AM, Nasron Cheong <nasron@gmail.com> wrote:

> I couldn't find a tool to show regions and their sizes, for a specific
> table, so ended up writing one.

Nasron,

Would you mind having a look at the patch/RB on HBASE-13103? Does the API
pair RegionNormalizer/Normalization plan look like a reasonable harness for
you to hang your custom tool onto? Just like the balancer, it's designed to
be extensible with different normalization strategies.

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 3:47 AM, Dejan Menges <dejan.menges@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Just have to say that hbase.master.loadbalance.bytable saved us after we
> > discovered it. In our case we had to set it manually to true, and then it
> > was easy to catch hot spotting on unusually large regions and handle it.
> >
> > Btw +1 for HBASE-13013, had to say it, something that makes me starting
> > upgrading our HDP stack on Monday morning.
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 11:04 PM, Bryan Beaudreault <
> > bbeaudreault@hubspot.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Just had to say, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-13103
> looks
> > > *AWESOME*