hbase-user mailing list archives

From 娄帅 <louis.hust...@gmail.com>
Subject How to monitor and control heavy network traffic for region server
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 08:01:00 GMT
Hi all,

We are using HBASE 0.96 with Hadoop 2.2.0, recently we found there are some
SCAN operations last for more than 1 hours, which lead to heavy network
traffic, because some data is not
stored at local data node and the region is very big, about 100G-500G。

With heavy network traffic, the region server then can not offer service
cause the NIC is full.

>From DBA view point, I want to know if there is some operation for HBase to
limit the large scan or if there is some flow control for SCAN operation
and how can we monitor the long SCAN operation。