hbase-user mailing list archives

From Chandrashekhar Kotekar <shekhar.kote...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it possible to execute co-processors like cron job?
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2015 06:53:17 GMT
Hi,

Can you please help to see if there is any feature in HBase which will
satisfy following?

1) I need something which will be native to HBase and

2) Which will be able to execute some code at certain interval like daily
or weekly.

Is there any HBase feature which satisfies these two conditions?

I think coprocessors can execute some custom code but I am not sure if
coprocessors can be executed like cron jobs at certain intervals. Is it
possible?

What are other mechanism to achieve this? I am looking for something which
is built-in into HBase itself and want to avoid dependency on external
mechanisms like cron jobs.

Thanks,
Chandrash3khar Kotekar
Mobile - +91 8600011455