hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tianying Chang <tych...@gmail.com>
Subject What cause hfile saved under /hbase/.archive besides snapshot?
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 19:25:26 GMT
Hi,

I found that there are many hfiles saved under /hbase/.archive/table/. I
know when there is a  snapshot taken, the hfile might have to be saved
under /hbase/.archive. But when we are not even taking snapshot, I saw lots
of hfiles under /hbase/.archive. I noticed that if I run a major
compaction, that seems clean up lots of hfiles from /hbase/.archive. But
then it grows back again later.

Wondering what else could cause hfiles stuck under /hbase/.archinve? Any
hint is appreciated.

Thanks
Tian-YIng