hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jerry Lam <chiling...@gmail.com>
Subject Potential bugs in HTable In incrementColumnValue method
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2015 15:05:34 GMT
Hi HBase community,

Can anyone confirm that the method incrementColumnValue is implemented
correctly?

I'm talking about mainly the deprecated method:

 @Deprecated

  @Override

  public long incrementColumnValue(final byte [] row, final byte [] family,

      final byte [] qualifier, final long amount, final boolean writeToWAL)

  throws IOException {

    return incrementColumnValue(row, family, qualifier, amount,

      writeToWAL? Durability.SKIP_WAL: Durability.USE_DEFAULT);

  }

Note from the above, if writeToWAL is true, Durability is set to SKIP_WAL.

It does not make sense to me so I'm asking if this might be a potential bug.

Best Regards,

Jerry