hbase-user mailing list archives

From Neutron sharc <neutronsh...@gmail.com>
Subject hbase 0.94.26 hangs when a datanode is suspended via SIGSTOP
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 17:41:56 GMT
Hi community,

I am testing the time to recovery of hbase 0.94.26.   0.94.26 can tolerate
region server failures very smoothly.   However, it seems  client cannot
recover when a datanode is suspended (through kill -SIGSTOP).   When DN is
paused,  I expect hbase client will timeout and pick the next DN with
data.  However my hbase client keeps stuck there, until I resume DN with
SIGCONT.

Are there any special parameters I should tune regarding this scenario?
Thanks!

-Neutron