hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dia Kharrat <dkhar...@gmail.com>
Subject How are version conflicts handled in HBase?
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 00:08:06 GMT
I'm trying to confirm the behavior of HBase when there are concurrent
writes to the same cell that happen at the exact same millisecond and not
providing a timestamp value to the Put operations (i.e. relying on current
time of region server). Is it possible that such concurrent writes result
in a cell with an identical version value or does HBase have a mechanism to
protect against that?

If that's the case, my understanding is that last write wins, correct?

Thanks,
Dia