hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vladimir Rodionov <vladrodio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What cause hfile saved under /hbase/.archive besides snapshot?
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 20:25:59 GMT
HBase moves old hfiles into archive directory after compaction is finished.
Compacted files are not deleted
because they can be still in use (some long running scanners) - that is why
they get moved into archive directory.
HBase can locate hfile in both: standard and archive directory. There is a
separate archive cleaner agent which runs
periodically and cleans archive from hfiles which are no longer used.

-Vlad