hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase vs Cassandra
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 22:32:26 GMT
You are both making correct points, but FWIW HBase does not require use of Hadoop YARN or MapReduce.
We do require HDFS of course. Some of the tools we ship are MapReduce applications but these
are not core functions. We know of several large production use cases where the HBase(+HDFS)
clusters are used as a data store backing online applications without colocated computation.