hbase-user mailing list archives

From Arun Mishra <arunmis...@me.com>
Subject question regarding HBASE-7351
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2015 04:48:30 GMT
Hello,

I am using hbase cdh version 0.98.6. I am facing a problem where a disk controller fails on
a host and all disk operation kind of hang up on that host. But region server/data node processes
doesn’t die and at the same time the zookeeper session keeps alive. Resulting in all requests
to that region server failing. Currently, I use zookeeper client to delete the corresponding
znode manually to initiate the recovery process. It will take some time to figure out the
hardware issue and fix it. Meanwhile, I am looking to find some solution to automate the recovery
process.

I came across HBASE-7351. I am wondering if any one has used this feature or if any other
option is available to kill a region server in similar partial hardware failures case. Any
insight would be very helpful to me.

Thanks - Arun.