hbase-user mailing list archives

From Arun Mishra <arunmis...@me.com>
Subject Re: question regarding HBASE-7351
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2015 17:19:19 GMT
I am guessing that HBASE-7351 won’t work for my case since process won’t be able to read
the script from disk.

Regards,
Arun

> On Jun 23, 2015, at 9:48 PM, Arun Mishra <arunmishra@me.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am using hbase cdh version 0.98.6. I am facing a problem where a disk controller fails
on a host and all disk operation kind of hang up on that host. But region server/data node
processes doesn’t die and at the same time the zookeeper session keeps alive. Resulting
in all requests to that region server failing. Currently, I use zookeeper client to delete
the corresponding znode manually to initiate the recovery process. It will take some time
to figure out the hardware issue and fix it. Meanwhile, I am looking to find some solution
to automate the recovery process.

> I came across HBASE-7351. I am wondering if any one has used this feature or if any other
option is available to kill a region server in similar partial hardware failures case. Any
insight would be very helpful to me.