hbase-user mailing list archives

From ShaoFeng Shi <shaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject How to limit the HBase server bandwidth for scan requests from MapReduce?
Date Tue, 26 May 2015 07:35:31 GMT
Hello,

Currently we're running a MapReduce over live htables to do table merge
(introduced at https://hbase.apache.org/0.94/book/mapreduce.example.html);
At the samtime these tables are still serving user scan requests; As this
is a full table scan which may take much server resources, we want to
control the impact to users during the MapReduce, avoding remarkable
performance downgrade during the MR; I see there are two parameters might
be related: caching and cacheBlocks, like :

scan.setCaching(500);

scan.setCacheBlocks(false);  // don't set to true for MR jobs

But still want to double check with the experts here, is there other ways
to control this? Thanks!

Shaofeng Shi
Apache Kylin (incubation)