hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to set Timeout for get/scan operations without impacting others
Date Mon, 18 May 2015 15:54:51 GMT
hbase.client.operation.timeout is used by HBaseAdmin operations, by
RegionReplicaFlushHandler
and by various HTable operations (including Get).

hbase.rpc.timeout is for the RPC layer to define how long HBase client
applications take for a remote call to time out. It uses pings to check
connections but will eventually throw a TimeoutException.

FYI