hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regions and Rowkeys
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 22:52:26 GMT
You can presplit table at time of creation.
e.g. table 't1' is split into 15 regions in the following example:

hbase(main):002:0> create 't1', 'f1', {NUMREGIONS => 15, SPLITALGO =>
'HexStringSplit'}
0 row(s) in 2.3140 seconds

The regions of the table would be spread evenly across the region servers.

Cheers